Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Happy Times at Socal Library

I've worked and hung out in a lotta libraries in my time. Started out as a kid and kind of grew up among the stacks. School libraries and public libraries mostly. Sometimes I feel a bit jaded, as if I've seen and done it all in the line of duty. In one of my first public library positions a patron took dump in the reference section and by happenstance human fecal matter has become a reoccuring theme throughout my career. Just when it's about to get ho-hum either my coworkers and/or the unwashed masses amaze me yet again and make life interesting. Don't get me wrong I love what I do. Even on the worst day- I love what I do but lately I started writing down the highlights of those times when things got just a bit little weird.

No comments: