Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Bio-Electromagnetic Salmon

I'm working the reference desk tonight when a man comes up and asks me to print out an article for him from a link he printed off a webpage. Okay, no problem. That is until the link turns out to be broken. In fact all of the links from this webpage are broken. I then realize that the webpage is about conspiracy theories and the subject he's interested in is ...mind control.

OH CRAP.

Another unstable patron.

Because, that's just what I ordered.

Yup, one unstable patron with a side of crazy.

First it starts with the paranormal, with a side of mind control, and Eldon Byrd - a scientist that worked on weapon systems for the U.S in the late 60's and 70's. After I find whatever I can on those subjects Mr. Conspiracy starts spiraling into fragmented obscurity and it just gets worse. I just can't win. Mr. Conspiracy now wants schematics and instructions on how to create his own bio-electromagnetic weapon.

I mean REALLY.

But wait it gets better...

Then asks me to check to see if he could pick-up or order a bio-electromagnetic weapon at his local Radioshack.

Why.

Why me.

It's my Friday!

Oh for Goodness sake!

Then Mr. Conspiracy wants articles on how radio waves affect the brain and subliminal warfare.

It's just too creepy.

And the weirdness just keeps coming.

The entire time this guy is at the Reference desk he keeps fanning himself lazily with one of the free publications we give out (although it's like 68 degrees in the building). Every once in a while he'll slap the publication down on the reference desk like he's the feurer addressing Nazi Germany during WWII. He's also got red rimmed eyes that make me want to bathe in disenfectant in case he's got a case of pink eye. Arghh..... I directed him to our science section in the 500's and that's kept him busy for a while but like Salmon wanting to spawn he would regularly fight his way back up to the reference desk for more information on his...quest for what? World Domination? Yuk.

No comments: