Monday, October 26, 2009

A Library is not Staples.....

Cry me a freakin' river.

It drives me absolutely bonkers when Patrons expect us to open up our supply cabnets for office supplies.

Arghhh... Another patron came in expecting us to provide a folder for her offspring's report. What does this say about the public ability to be prepared? I am constantly suprised when someone gets into a car without their Driver's License, or when they walk into the building with out their library card. As for this patron in particular, I let her beg a folder off the Branch Manager. He can say yea or nay about whether of not it's appropriate to give away our library system's supplies to the public. My generocity stops at paper clips, use of our 3 ring hole punch, use of our stapler, pencils and tape. I mean when is enough...well enough? Do they want us to open up a vein or what?

I so need a vacation...

No comments: