Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sa turd ay

I've always wondered by their was "turd" in Saturday. After working one this last Saturday at SoCal I now know why...



Usually Saturdays are quiet affairs with the absence of patrons that let a person catch up on all the work that's been set aside because we're just too freakin' busy keeping the doors open what with the hiring freeze and the staff shortages. This Saturday was looking to be just as placid and stress free when I had a premonition. I was adding up the checks from the money taken in the day before when the total came to $51.50. 5150 is the cop code for someone who is crazy. And so they began coming in... first with a patron and her daughter all fired up because their refund the library owed them was not here fast enough. I go a lot of "your taking food out of my kid's mouths!" and "this is all your fault." On and on it went...Stress levels were raised and people came in all day reminding me that perhaps we shouldn't have sharp objects within easy reach at the workplace.

No comments: