Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Excuses, Excuses

Would you be able to get money out of an ATM with out your ATM card?

Use your credit card at Home Depot with just giving the clerk your full name?

Would you drive with out a license?

Then why would you go to a library and borrow anywhere from $25.00 - $300.00 worth of library materials and not have any identification at all. It boggles the freakn' mind.

Patrons give all kinds of excuses for not bringing their library cards to the library. These excuses usually are:

"I left my card at home"

"I left my card in my other bag"

"I gave my card to my spawn"

Then they stare at the staff blankly like " What are you going to do about it?"

One of my coworkers came upon a new and utterly original excuse last week.

A female patron walks in to use the computer but she doesn't have her library card. She proceeds to explain to my coworker that she was walking down Holt Blvd (Which indicates the good possibilty that she's a prostitute) when she was hit by a car. At which time her purse with all of her identification was lost. This story gets a little weirder when the lady pulls up her leg, takes off her shoe and shows her captive audience her two missing toes as proof of her story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is the funniest thing! I can't believe I work in a place were that is not even weird, just the norm. Some people should be shot.